Rodents are a home and business owner’s nightmare, capable of causing electrical fires due to their constant gnawing. Rodents can spread various forms of diseases and also contaminate 100 times the amount of food they can eat.
Did you know that if two pregnant rats enter a building (Not infested with rats) within nine months it will be infested with 3000 infested rats?
In a recent survey in the United States, rats were given top ranking in the pest table and although this may not be the case elsewhere, their potential for destroying food, building structure, electrical installations & spreading disease would certainly put them high on anyone’s list. Rats are known to carry and spread diseases such as Weils Disease, Bubonic Plague, Trichinosis, Rat Bite Fever & various types of food poisoning.
In India, there are three common species of rodents
These three rodents are known as common pests, which describe their ability to successfully cohabit with humans. Since early times, rodents have been responsible for the loss and contamination of feed from the crop stage to the storage of processed food in both domestic and commercial premises.
The goal of IRM is to prevent or reduce problems caused by rodents. The best control of rodents as most other pest is prevention.
1. Identify the rodent species prior to the treatment
2. Choose the right rodent bait for the job
3. Carryout a risk assessment prior to the treatment
4. Place the rodent bait at appropriate spots
5. Place the needed amount of bait stations
6. Help you to eliminate the rodents’ food, water & harborage areas
- There are many documented cases where building fires have not been started by short-circuits but caused when rodents gnaw electrical conduit!
- Did you know that if two pregnant rats enter a building (not infested with rats) within nine months it will be infested with 3000 rats
- Mice produce some 50-60 droppings per night & urinate frequently
- In mouse infested environments, people may suffer from stress related illness
- It is estimated that 100 mice in a grain store will produce about 100 Kgs of faeces per year
- A single rat passes about 5 liters of urine per year